TileEd is a 3D tile map editor/ placement tool. It helps speed up painting of game worlds when working with tiles or modular pieces that needs to align to a grid.
- While TileEd’s simple tiles and prop tools can be use with most tile and modular art packs there are also a growing list of art packs which supports the TileEd auto-tiles system. You can see a list of such packs on this page.
- A custom palette which can dock in or outside the scene view for quick access to the tile and prop sets.
- Auto Tiles speed up painting of terrain and interiors like caves, dungeons, and basements by auto placement of walls, corners and transitions. The auto-tiles supports various auto-tile systems which makes it easy to sculpt a world in your choice of style.
- Prop placement tool to ease placement and aligning none-tile objects to the tile grid.
- Tile Layers makes it easier to group tiles and props.
- Support saving selected tiles to and using templates.
- Uses custom asset files to keep unnecessary data out of your scene files.